Cinematography performs not only an entertainment function, but also an educational one. Family films teach kindness, melodramas teach the intricacies of relationships, film adaptations of books help to immerse oneself in the work. And thanks to the movie, we learn about some useful practical trick. For example, you can take on board the idea of a date, a psychological trick, and even a culinary life hack.
Bright Side saw a bunch of tricks in films that can be useful in different areas of life. Take a note too.
- In the movie “The Godfather” you can use the recipe for spaghetti sauce, because Clemenza, the hero of the tape, describes it in detail: “You take garlic, fry in olive oil, put tomatoes and tomato paste, bring it to a boil. Make sure not to thicken. Then cut up all the meat you have: sausages, meatballs. Add a little wine and a little sugar – that’s my secret. “
- The main character of the film “Bridget Jones’s Diary” is a great role model. But not in everything. It would be nice to copy her habit of keeping a diary. Psychologists say that keeping these kinds of records helps you better deal with stress.
- When watching the romantic comedy “How to Become a Princess,” women should listen to the Queen’s advice to the newly-made Princess Mia. For example, as befits a real lady to sit. You should not cross your legs, it is better to connect your ankles together and slightly tilt your knees to the side.
- The film “Angel-A” demonstrates a useful technique for increasing self-esteem. The angel girl brings her unlucky ward to the mirror and tells him to look closely and describe what he sees in his appearance. Unexpectedly, a man notes kindness and tenderness in his own eyes. Then she asks him to confess to his reflection in love, which is not easy for him. However, by doing this, he gets closer to improving his life.
- In the film “Up in the Air” character George Clooney gives advice to those who often flies airplanes. For example, from several lines for inspection, he advises choosing the one where the Asians are. Meeting the incomprehensible look of his fellow traveler, he explains that representatives of this nation, as a rule, do not like to carry a lot of luggage, which means that the queue will pass faster.
- The creators of The Wolf of Wall Street have made sure that you have no difficulty in selling a pen at an interview if asked to do so. Remember the scene where the hero Leonardo DiCaprio gives a friend a pen and asks to sell it to him. We observe such a dialogue:
– Can I have your autograph?
– Yes, but I have no pen.
– Then buy mine.
It is not necessary to reproduce the situation verbatim, it is important to remember the layout of the sale: ask a question that will reveal a certain need of a person, and then make him an offer.
- Taking Tyrion from Game of Thrones will help identify the gossip in the environment. As the king’s hand, Tyrion begins to realize that someone from the royal council is leaking important information to Queen Cersei. He meets with each advisor personally and shares the same plan, but focuses on different details. And when the knowledgeable Cersei comes to Tyrion for clarification, he understands from the details in her story who brought this information to her. It is said that Kim Kardashian once used a similar technique to find out which of her friends was selling her personal photos to magazines.
- If your life seems boring, then play the movie “Always Say Yes” and repeat after Jim Carrey. His hero, who previously looked for obstacles to any undertakings, after attending psychological training enthusiastically takes up all the possibilities. And his life is changing radically. Try and you at least a month to answer “yes” to all the offers that you receive (within reason, of course).
- You should definitely implement the idea from the film “Pay another” in life : after rendering a service to a person, ask him to repay the service not to you, but to three random people. Each of them, in turn, should be asked to do the same. There will be more kindness and mutual assistance in the world. It should be said that after the release of the film, the volunteers decided to organize a Pay Another Day every year.
- If you want to test your friendship, try the experiment from the movie Ideal Strangers . Seven friends, gathered at the table, jokingly decide to put their mobile phones together and read out loud absolutely all incoming messages. Each message sounded raises questions from the participants, the answers to which trigger a chain of shocking revelations.
- One of the beauty secrets of Italian women can be found in the movie Malena with Monica Bellucci. In a rather explicit scene of hygiene procedures, the actress takes a cut lemon and lubricates the décolleté with it. Lemon juice perfectly tones the skin and improves its elasticity.
- Leslie from Bridge to Terabithia will set a great example for kids and teens by not watching TV at all. “TV kills brain cells,” says the girl. And it makes sense to believe, given her versatility and rich imagination.
- We can be happier if we increase our awareness. This means that it is important to be able to be in the present moment: when you eat an apple, you should be focused on the apple. In The Peaceful Warrior, the character Socrates teaches gymnast Dan Millman and us this: “Get the trash out of your head. Garbage is all that hides the only meaningful thing from you – this moment. Here. Now. And when you are here and now, you will be surprised at what you can do and how you can do it. “
- In the movie “Wedding Planner” the hero Matthew McConaughey shares worldly wisdom with the heroine Jennifer Lopez: it is better to choose brown from multi-colored dragee candies, because they are dyed with cocoa, and not with artificial colors. This means less harmful to health.
In Good Will Hunting, the protagonist shames his opponent for spending $ 150,000 on education, which can be obtained for $ 1.5 at the library. It is worth remembering this phrase, but only with an eye to the fact that now the Internet has replaced libraries. We are not calling for the abandonment of educational institutions at all. But if you decide to learn something, you don’t have to go straight to expensive courses. Try to search the Internet first for the information you need: there are so many useful educational sites that will not hit your pocket.
From the movie “The Devil Wears Prada” it is worth noting how you should not behave in an interview. The applicant did not bother to find out what the company she came to was like, presumptuously betting on her academic achievements. In addition, she did not hide the fact that she sent her resume wherever possible. This is not the best tactic when talking to a potential boss, so the girl is very lucky to be hired.
On the contrary, it would be prudent to adopt the model of behavior of the heroine Rachel McAdams in the film “Good Morning” , where she was interviewed for the position of producer of the morning show. The employer, initially uninterested in her candidacy, discourages her in every possible way: the ratings are low, there is no funding, the salary is poor. However, the girl gives a counterargument for every negative remark, and then emotionally makes a whole speech about what the prospects for this show are. The employer does not give up and begins to aloud note the weaknesses in the girl’s resume. Not at all embarrassed, in response she begins to almost pat herself on the head, voicing her best qualities. A job seeker prepared for an interview with such enthusiasm is a treasure for an employer.
- On-screen Steve Jobs from the movie “Jobs: Empire of Seduction” demonstrated an unusual model of behavior in negotiations. At a meeting with a potential investor, he behaves as if he is choosing a candidate to finance his project. This confuses the investor, and he has no choice but to believe in the success of the project and invest money in it. Of course, the reception involves risks, but such unshakable confidence in your own product will always play into your hands.
- An exquisite culinary idea can be gleaned from the movie Chocolate : the heroine Juliette Binoche adds chili peppers to hot chocolate. You can “surprise” your taste buds by doing the same at home with hot chocolate or cocoa. The pungency of the pepper will set off the sweetness and emphasize the taste of the drink.
- The heroine of the film “Legally Blonde” Elle Woods will teach any woman how to make a man she likes to take the first step. She calls this technique “Down and Up”: you need to pretend that you have dropped something, then sit down and stand elegantly. According to El, the man will not be able to resist and will invite you on a date.
And what technique or advice from the cinema did you note for yourself?