When a child appears in the family, parents need to take care of his safety. Fill the door with soft materials. Remove shoes so that the child does not fall. Plug the plugs into sockets. And much more to reduce the risk of injury.
We will talk about how to provide your child with security in the apartment. Moreover, in all her rooms.
Explore your apartment
First of all, you need to carefully study the apartment. Inspect all of its corners for where the child could potentially be injured. Spot all dangerous places. Sharp corners of tables. Solid pens. The presence of sharp household items (knives, forks, and so on).
If the child is still small and just crawls around the apartment, then apply one interesting method. Get on your knees and walk in a similar way to the child’s traditional path (just as he creeps regularly). So you will see all the potentially dangerous places in which he may come.
How to secure different parts of the apartment?
After creating a list of potentially dangerous places, proceed to ensure their safety.
How to secure the door?
At an early age, children practically do not look around. They have problems with side vision. To be more precise, they do not see what is happening on the periphery.
Entering the apartment, the child can forcefully slam the door behind him. Do not take into account its mass. Head banging on a door jamb. Or about the pen itself.
To prevent this from happening, we recommend putting on a special plastic protection handle. Also, when the child enters the house, be sure to put your hand on his head. If the door will fly at high speed on the child, then you can protect it from injury.
How to secure the corridor?
During games, children playfully move around the apartment. Run into the corridor. Face the objects located there. Thus, they are injured. This is due to all the same childhood problems with side vision.
Securing the corridor is very simple. To do this, you and your spouse need to teach each other a simple rule. Put shoes in a locker immediately upon arrival. So that she does not lie in the aisle. And she didn’t block the way for the baby.
Surely there are nightstands in your corridor. They have sharp corners. And they are also potentially dangerous for the child.
To save the child from the possibility of injury, we recommend you to buy foam rubber. And place it on the sharp corners of the nightstand. Such actions will allow you to reliably protect your child from injury.
How to secure the living room?
The living room is one of the most dangerous rooms in the apartment. Here are the main actions of family members. They watch TV, charge their gadgets, play and so on.
To protect your child from injuries while in the living room:
- Remove the cords. In the living room is usually located a huge number of various charges and wires. Surely the child will want to twitch for them. Well, if the cord, which pulls the baby, will lead to the phone. But if he leads to the iron, then it can be dangerous. Because the product will fall on the baby.
- Plug in special plugs. At an early age, children love to insert various objects into them. Needles, pins, various strange cords. This is a pretty dangerous job. Which can lead to terrible consequences.
- Remove the tablecloth from the table in the living room. Kids really like to approach the tables. And pull over the edges, knocking over everything that is on the tablecloth.
- Attach the TV to the wall. Young children care about TVs. If they stand on their feet, then the kids begin to pull them. As a result, they drop themselves and are seriously injured. To prevent this from happening, we recommend that you mount the TVs on the walls.
- Lift all small objects off the floor. Be sure to clean the living room. Small parts and objects (Lego, pins, etc.) should not lie on the floor. At an early age, children are very fond of pulling small things in their mouths. And, as a result, they can choke on them. Do not allow this!
How to secure a balcony?
The balcony is one of the most potentially dangerous places for the child. It’s good if you have it completely closed. And there is an opportunity to wide open the windows.
But if the balcony is partially or completely open, then serious problems arise. A child may fall out of it.
To prevent this from happening, we recommend that in no case let your child on the balcony without your supervision. And restrict him access. Place a handle to open the door to the balcony at the highest possible distance.
How to secure chests of drawers and wardrobes?
Dressers and wardrobes are a favorite place for children. They crawl into them, hide from their parents and cannot get out on their own.
To prevent this from happening, control that the child does not climb into the dresser. Or did it only under your supervision.
As an additional protection, you can purchase a chest of drawers with key access. It can be locked with a key. And to make sure that the child could not get there.
How to protect the child from sharp corners?
To protect the child from sharp corners, you can use any soft materials. We recommend using foam rubber as a protective element. It can be glued to almost any part of the furniture. And it’s just as easy to take off when you no longer need to use it.
How to secure the kitchen?
The kitchen is also popular with young children. They spend quite a lot of time on it. And not rarely get into terrible situations.
So that the child does not get injured when he crawls into the kitchen:
- Install special fasteners on shelves and cabinets located in the kitchen. They must have a castle. So that the child does not open the box and does not get out a potentially dangerous object.
- Turn off household appliances when you leave the kitchen. We are talking about a kettle, gas stove, microwave and other items. Block gas if possible.
- On the kitchen table should be only the most necessary. If you think that certain objects are not needed, then it is better to remove them. Otherwise, the child may be injured.
- Turn off the washing machine and dishwasher. They enjoy keen interest from young children. Moreover, they not only like to look at what is happening there. But sometimes they themselves click on the buttons. Turn dishwashers on and off. Which often leads to their breakdowns. So that the child does not have any problems with dishwashers and washing machines, we recommend disconnecting them until the evening. And only include when you plan to use them for their intended purpose.
How to secure a bathroom?
The next room to be secured is the bathroom. You need to do this as follows:
- Hide household chemicals. Surely in your bathroom there are a huge number of such tools. To prevent the child from accidentally opening them and sniffing harmful substances, get rid of household chemicals. Hide her as far as possible. To the upper shelves. Those to which the child cannot get.
- Monitor the condition of the floor in the bathroom. There should be no moisture on it. Since the surface starts to slide because of it. The child may slip. To prevent this, we recommend laying floor mats in the bathroom.
- Keep your child away from the sink unattended. There is a possibility that he might accidentally get burned with hot water. If the child is already relatively adult, then explain to him the principle of using the sink. Tell us what red means and what blue means. And let the child try to turn on the desired water temperature on their own.
- Remove the hairdryer from the bathroom. Preferably, in another room. Using a hairdryer in the bathroom with a small child in the apartment is very dangerous. Since there is a possibility that the child may splatter it. And a short circuit will occur.
The advices given by us will help you to secure the apartment. And provide the child with reliable protection against injuries and damage.
Write your recommendations in the comments on how you can still secure the apartment!